When choosing a motor for your system, what do all the acronyms in those descriptions mean TENV? WDN?
Here’s a list of our motor enclosure types and how we recommend they’re used:
- Open Drip-Proof (ODP) Motors are equipped with open enclosures. These motors are suitable for indoor use and clean atmospheres. Ventilator openings are designed to prevent liquids and solids from entering the machine from an angle of 0 to 15°.
- Totally Enclosed, Fan-Cooled (TEFC) Motors have an external fan which circulates outside air to the motor.
- Totally Enclosed, Nonvented (TENV) Motors do not have air openings. While air does not freely move between the inside and outside, the motor’s construction is not air- or liquid-tight.
- Washdown (WDN) Enclosures work well in environments in which regular cleaning or sanitizing is necessary.
- Explosion-Proof (XPRF) Motors are completely enclosed to withstand an internal explosion of gas or vapor—the motor frame will not rupture or burst. Use these motors for safe operation in hazardous environments.
View our selection of motors.
Got more questions? Our Technical Experts want to hear from you
AUS Freecall Ph. 1800 552 724 or NZ Freecall Ph. 0800 651 700 email: email@example.com